Memorial Scholarship Application
- $1,000 per year, $4,000 maximum.
- Payable $1,000 per year for 4 years.
- Payable to the educational institution, not the student.
- Payment for junior college capped at 2 years or $2,000, continuation of award based on full time enrollment in a 4 year university or college.
- Student essay (to be submitted by November 30).
- Selection committee composed of Travis High School coaches and Athletics Director, and TMF officers.
- Approval by TMF Board of Directors.
- Proof of acceptance, and remain enrolled as a full time student (12 hours), summers excluded, in an accredited four year university, or junior college.
- Maintain an acceptable GPA, so as not to be on academic probation.
- Not be convicted of a criminal offense during the scholarship period.
- Prepare an essay with specific examples of your current and future activities that support the foundation’s theme (Be Save – Be Saved). More information on the foundation’s theme can be found at tylermillikenfoundation.org.
- Your essay should focus on the positive impacts you have had, or plan to have with friends, family, school community and church youth-group relationships.
- Essays will be also be evaluated on writing quality and clarity.
- Submit the essay to:
- Tyler Milliken Foundation
- 2222 Bell Castle Ct.
- Richmond TX 77406.
- The cover page must include the title of the essay, applicant’s name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. The applicant’s name and page number should appear at the top of all other pages.
- A complete applicant biography and recent photograph should be included.
- Essays should be typed, double spaced, and appear on 8 ½”x11” white paper.
- Essays should not exceed 2,000 words in length, must be written by only one person, and should not have appeared in any other publications or reproduced from other publications or material.
Tyler’s family and the foundation’s Board of Directors appreciate your interest in applying for this scholarship. We wish you the best in your future educational and life adventures.
Tyler Milliken Foundation; Be Safe – Be Saved